[pptp-server] SOLVED: Two PTPP Clients Behind an IP MASQ'ed Machine Connecting to the Same PPTP Server.

Leonard L. Goldenstein len at ghy.com
Fri Nov 10 10:56:46 CST 2000

Hey Everyone,
I figured out how to fix my problem.

Although there wasn't much I could do at the client end of things, I was
able to bring up two virtual interfaces on the server side using true
Internet IP addresses.

Although both MASQ'd clients are still connecting to the same server, by
connecting to different IP's on the same machine, the problem of the two
connections being treated as one dissapears!

basic HOWTO:
ifconfig eth1:0 10.0.0.101
ifconfig eth1:1 10.0.0.102

Same machine, same network, different server ip, works great!!

Hopefully this information can help someone with a similar configuration as
mine.
Leonard L. Goldenstein
Information Services Consultant

Geo. H. Young & Co. Ltd.