[pptp-server] ppp compile errors for slackware

Brett brett at simplynet.net
Fri Nov 24 02:22:39 CST 2000

Ok I have sifted through all the posted e-mails and could not find an answer
to this question.  Has anyone ever ran into this error when compiling ppp
for slackware 7.0:

         extra_crypto.o: In function `DesEncrypt':
            /root/vpn/ppp-2.3.11/pppd/extra_crypto.c:141: undefined
reference to `setkey'
            /root/vpn/ppp-2.3.11/pppd/extra_crypto.c:144: undefined
reference to `encrypt'
            collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
            make[1]: *** [pppd] Error 1
            make[1]: Leaving directory `~/ppp-2.3.11/pppd'
            make: *** [all] Error 2

I have followed the setup instructions step by step and applied all the
patches but I continue to run into this error regardless.  Any ideas would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brett