[pptp-server] PoPToP v1.0.1 and PoPToP v1.1.2

Cowles, Steve Steve.Cowles at infohiiway.com
Mon Oct 2 21:49:51 CDT 2000

I downloaded PopTop 1.1.2 from the WEB site listed below. When I went to
extract the tarball using...

tar -xzvf pptpd-1.1.2.tar.gz

I got the following message

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1

Using "tar -xvf pptpd-1.1.2.tar.gz" worked OK though. Although I did get an
error at the end of the extraction process.

pptpd-1.1.2/html/HOWTO-PoPToP.txt
tar: Only read 1988 bytes from archive pptpd-1.1.2.tar.gz

I was able to compile/install PopTop OK though even with the above error.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Steve Cowles