[pptp-server] linux client to NT server

Nathan A. Jensen nathan at chicagonet.net
Thu Oct 5 13:57:30 CDT 2000

Hello,

    I am trying to connect a linux pptp client at home to an NT-server
at work.  I have read all the archives, and I still cannot make it
work.  If anyone has an idea of what I may be doing wrong, I would
appreciate the help.

    I am running RH with kenel 2.2.14.  I am using pppd version
2.3.11-4, and pptp 1.0.2

    when I try to connect to the server, it acts like it does connect,
and there are no errors in the log.  However, when I run ifconfig to see
if there is a new interface, there is only localhost and ppp0(my isp).
When I connect, it does create ppp1, but it is not active.  It shows up
if I run ifconfig -a.  I have tried to bring this interface up, and it
does not work.  It claims that the device is not configured.

    I am losing my mind trying to figure out what may be wrong.  If
anyone may be able to help me out, I would be forever indebted

Thanks,
Nate

Nathan at chicagonet.net