[pptp-server] New user questions...

Jason Bradley Nance jbnance at tresgeek.net
Fri Oct 6 03:17:23 CDT 2000

Hello everyone.  I just finished attempting to setup pptpd, and have a
couple questions.
First, is there a doc that describes the pptpd.conf file options a bit
more?  Especially the local and remote address stuff.
When I try to connect, I am getting these errors in pptpd.log (from syslog)
that I have attached at the bottom.  I'm assuming that I left something out
of the kernel, or that I don't have a good config file.

Direction is appreciated!

Thanks.

MGR: Manager process started
MGR: Launching /usr/local/sbin/pptpctrl to handle client
CTRL: local address = 192.168.0.1
CTRL: remote address = 192.168.1.1
CTRL: Client 4.3.33.107 control connection started
CTRL: Received PPTP Control Message (type: 1)
CTRL: Made a START CTRL CONN RPLY packet
CTRL: I wrote 156 bytes to the client.
CTRL: Sent packet to client
CTRL: Received PPTP Control Message (type: 7)
CTRL: Set parameters to 0 maxbps, 16 window size
CTRL: Made a OUT CALL RPLY packet
CTRL: Starting call (launching pppd, opening GRE)
CTRL: pty_fd = 4
CTRL: tty_fd = 5
CTRL: I wrote 32 bytes to the client.
CTRL: Sent packet to client
CTRL (PPPD Launcher): Connection speed = 115200
CTRL (PPPD Launcher): local address = 192.168.0.1
CTRL (PPPD Launcher): remote address = 192.168.1.1
GRE: xmit failed from decaps_hdlc: Operation not permitted
CTRL: PTY read or GRE write failed (pty,gre)=(4,5)
CTRL: Client 4.3.33.107 control connection finished
CTRL: Exiting now
MGR: Reaped child 1396