[pptp-server] network neighborhood HELP!!!

Alan Chung alan at silveregg.co.jp
Fri Oct 6 03:28:54 CDT 2000

I think I got so close but there was still a bit (big?) problem.

Now I can dial up to my internal VPN server (running PopTop server on a
Linux box) from a EXTERNAL window 98 client without any problem, the
connection seems there (ppp0 connection showed by ifconfig with a remote
IP, let's say 192.168.0.10), and I can ping from any internal machine to
192.168.0.10.  But now I have two major problems:

1.	I can't ping from that win98 VPN  client to any remote internal machine.
(I even tried to add a route for 192.168.0.10 on VPN server). Does it
mean 	that the ipchains firewalling rules is not correctly setup yet?  But
pinging is not a problem except this though.  I can ping to/from anywhere
except 	this.

2.	I am not able to see/browse any internal machine in network
neighbothood.  (I have set up /etc/ppp/options with ms-wins and ms-dns in
it to 	specify WINS server, which is also a NT PDC internally).

Please give me some advice if anybody knows or has the same experience.

Thanks in advance.

Alan