[pptp-server] maybe a routing problem??

Alan Chung alan at silveregg.co.jp
Thu Oct 12 00:11:41 CDT 2000

Thanks for the help.

I do have proxyarp in my /etc/ppp/options file.  This is my content of that
file,

lock
debug
mtu 1400
mru 1400
auth
+chap
+chapms
+chapms-v2
mppe-40
mppe-128
mppe-stateless
proxyarp
ms-wins 192.168.0.12
ms-dns  192.168.0.12

And, the only difference between your ipchains rules and mine is the ones
for ppp interface.  I am not sure if those are necessary but I have tried
them.  It doesn't create a different chain when I use "ipchains -L -n" to
see.  Also, does "ppp+" apply to all ppp0, ppp1, ppp2...?  I can still see
the ppp connection and ping from all internal machine to that VPN client IP
(after connection is built).  But not reversely, I can't ping or see even
PPTP server or any of the internal hosts from VPN client.  I was thinking I
probably have to add routes for VPN client to see all internal
machines.  But I have no idea how to add a route in WIN98.

I am really STUCKed.

Please help.