[pptp-server] PPTP VPN box outside of the Firewall

Nate Carlson natecars at real-time.com
Fri Oct 13 16:57:58 CDT 2000

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Kelly Black wrote:
> Can anybody point me to any good documentation about setting up PoPToP
> on a box outside of the companies firewall?
>
>    Internet                                      Internet
>       |(Routeable)                                  |(eth0 Routeable)
>     __|__                                         __|__
>    |     |                DMZ                    |     |
>    |Fire |---------------------------------------| VPN |
>    |_____| (Routeable)           (eth1 Routeable)|_____|
>       | (internal non routeable)
> ----------------(internal non-routeable network )-------------------
>
> Thanks,
> Kelly Black
> Systems Administrator
> TestQuest, Inc.

Depends, what do you want to access? If you want to access the internal
network, you'll need to enable access from that box to the internal
non-routable network.. easiest way to get it working is just to run it on
the firewall, or to give the VPN box an interface on the internal
non-routable network.