[pptp-server] PPP Authentication not working

Kelly Black kelly.black at testquest.com
Wed Oct 18 09:53:01 CDT 2000

Steve,
What are the clients? (Linux or Windows).  If Windows, what does the chap-secrets file look like (please modify or delete the passwords for the list).  Mine looks like the following for Win98 clients that are connecting presently:

# client	server		secret		IP address
kblack		npv		(yeah right)	*
npv		kblack		(nope)		*

Where kblack is the login I am using on the client, and npv is the name of the server.  Please change the secrets in the perentheses (?sp) to the password you are using during connection to the VPN dun box.

The file options looks like this:
/etc/ppp/options
lock
debug