[pptp-server] Encryption Installation Questions

John Vaughan jvaughan at maad.com
Wed Oct 18 15:51:10 CDT 2000

Hello everyone

I have VPN working without encryption but now I would like to implement the
MSCHAPv2 and MPPE patch so my windows clients will have encryption.

I am currently using:

pptpd-1.0.0-1 (rpm version)
ppp-2.3.11-4 (rpm version)
RedHat Linux 6.2 kernel version 2.2.14-5.0 upgraded to kernel 2.2.16-3

Some questions:

1.)  I have read the RedHat-PoPToP HOWTO dated 20000503 and it describes how
to set this up using non rpm's.  Does this still apply??

2.)  Is there any documentation for this situation or do I just subsitute
the updated packages for the old ones in the current howto??

3.)  Will I actually have to recompile the kernel or just some modules??

Thanks for any suggestions

John Vaughan
Micro Analysis & Design, Inc.
4900 Pearl East Circle, Suite 201 E