[pptp-server] This listserver is insane

Steve Cody SCody at Gulbrandsen.com
Fri Oct 20 13:16:28 CDT 2000

I went to the site, as the instructions tell you and found the option to
email your password to you.  You should have received that.  Now, that you
have your password, you can get off this list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Avery Pennarun [mailto:apenwarr at worldvisions.ca]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 2:02 PM
To: pptp-server at lists.schulte.org
Subject: [pptp-server] This listserver is insane

Hi,

I've been trying for several days to unsubscribe from this mailing list.  I
get this:

The problem is, back when I subscribed to the list there seemed to be no
requirement for a password.  I've tried several, including "pptp-server",
just in case.  Nothing works.

I would like to state, for the record, that listservers which require a
password to do _anything_ are insane.  If you're worried about email
forgeries, simply use subscribe and unsubscribe cookies like ezmlm and
smartlist and several others.  If you're worried about man-in-the-middle
attacks, you can't use a cleartext password.

It is extremely important to make it VERY EASY for people to unsubscribe
from mailing lists, or else the lists will get bombarded with stupid
messages like this one.

Thanks.  Hopefully the admin will read this and unsubscribe me... lest I
be forever trapped on this list.

Have fun,

Avery
pptp-server maillist  -  pptp-server at lists.schulte.org