[pptp-server] Correction Re: vpn error, boss is gonna kill me if i don't fix

Jason Osborne rage at sohonetworks.cc
Wed Oct 25 22:40:12 CDT 2000

ok, i just tried all that was suggested and none of it works. i took a look
at some docs and found out error 645 means i need to reinstall my vpn
software. this is no so however because the same machine can connect to
poptop on a different server without any problems. i think that this is my
problem. i am trying to use poptop on a isdn line. i think that since pppd
is already in use using ppp0, pptpd gets ppp1 and does not like it one bit.
this combined with the dynamic ip may be causing the "could not obtain local
ip address" error message. does pptpd work with a modem connect thru pppd?
if so, does any of my software need to be upgraded to impliment this
feature?

linux-2.2.12-20
redhat 6.2
pppd-2.3.10
poptop-1.0.0

this is getting so confusing. btw jerry, you do not have to have your remote
and local ips on the same subnet. but thx. you can accomplish this
seperately using a firewall type setup in /etc/ppp/ip-up.