AW: [pptp-server] Correction Re: vpn error, boss is gonna kill me if i don't fix

Holger Baust hb at gnw.de
Thu Oct 26 04:22:21 CDT 2000

Hi There...

On our system we had the same Problem...
Our pppd couldn't determine its IP-Adress...

I compiled PPtPd v. 1.1.2 (the development Version) and had no
Problems anymore...

Perhaps you should try this Version.

If you want to use 1 IP on the local machine you can put the line

192.168.0.70:

into your pppd-options file. The local pppd will get its correct IP
and set the remote machine to one of the ips of the remote-ip entry.

I think, PPtPd 1.1.2 with pppd 2.3.11 and Kernel 2.2.17 are the best
choice at this moment. It will also run perfectly with encryption. :)

Regards,
Holger Baust