[pptp-server] Slightly OT: Firewall

Andrew Wood andrew.wood at datalexuk.com
Thu Oct 26 06:27:32 CDT 2000

I have been testing poptop running on a RH6.2 linux box with 2 network cards
1 internet bound 1 LAN.
Now that I have this working I need to stick it behind a firewall. The LAN
is using private ip's so the firewall is masquerading all Lan traffic. After
reading a bit about firewalls it seems that the best place to put the poptop
server is in a DMZ. I can do this by adding another network card to the
firewall but I am a bit unsure as to how this works as the DMZ machines also
need to have public IP addresses. What IP address does the third (DMZ)
network card need to have and how do I figure out the routing and ipchains
rules ????

Anybody already done this ???

Andrew Wood