[pptp-server] PoPToP & Tunnel Builder for Mac

David Luyer david_luyer at pacific.net.au
Tue Sep 5 12:40:46 CDT 2000

> Does PoPToP work with TunnelBuilder VPN client software for Macintosh ?

In theory it should, but I have had someone recently report that it didn't,
the problem appeared to be at the PPP layer, the Mac wanted to talk some
protocols that the Linux system didn't know about.  I seem to remember (quite
some time ago though) that TunnelBuilder or some other product from the
same vendor exposed some faults in the NT PPP stack which didn't do Apple
protocols properly.  However I expect you only want IP, since I don't have
a copy of TunnelBuilder I can't really diagnose here unfortunately (and the
PowerMac 5500/250 on my desk doesn't want to know about its ethernet card,
have to get a Mac serial cable and boot into the OpenFirmware ROMs and
remember how to talk to them.... been some time... so even if I had a copy
of TunnelBuilder I'd have some hurdles before being able to diagnose properly).

David.
David Luyer
Senior Network Engineer
Pacific Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd
Phone:  +61 3 9674 7525
Fax:    +61 3 9699 8693
Mobile: +61 4 1064 2258, +61 4 1114 2258
http://www.pacific.net.au        NASDAQ: PCNTF
<< fast 'n easy >>