[pptp-server] PoPToP & Tunnel Builder for Mac

Vlad Strezhnev vlast at eetc.com
Thu Sep 7 15:53:47 CDT 2000

It looks like PoPToP does work with Mac's Tunnel Builder.

We've just  installed  PoPToP  on "Ruffian" Alpha Deskstation with Red
Hat 6.2 :
kernel 2.2.16-3
ppp-2.3.11.tar.gz (extracted from .src.rpm)
ppptd-1.0.0-1.alpha.rpm  (rebuild from .src.rpm)

Since some important corrections to HOWTO/FAQs were recently
re-published on the mailing list we had [almost] no problems applying
patches and making kernel modules.

The server works with both W2K VPN clent and Tunnel Builder for Windows
and Macs.
Encription supported OK.

( So, the cost of Mac VPN client went down from $400 (as indicated on
the PoPToP home page) to $99 :-).

Thanks a lot to everyone for valuable advices and prompt attention to
this matter.

Vlad Strezhnev
IndiVisual Learning, Inc.
St.Paul, MN