FOLLOW UP: Re: [pptp-server] IPSec *over* PPtP

John Hovell john.hovell at home.com
Tue Sep 5 22:54:51 CDT 2000

Hello all --

I solved the problem... IPSec over PPP is possible.  This is just wacky, but this
is what to do:

PGPnet only wants to bind to your "Dial Up Adapter" -- not #2 for VPN support as
one might logically think.  Bind it to "Dial Up" and it works like a charm.

This might actually be useful to people who aren't allowed to transmit protocols 50
or 51... since they can tunnel it all over tcp/1723 and still get IPSec data
encryption.

Cheers,
John