[pptp-server] EOF errors ?

Derek Osachoff dosachoff at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 25 19:12:19 CDT 2000

Greetings,

I have been using PoPToP for about 6 months now. With great results -
looking forward to 1.1.1.

But I seem to have this re-occurring problem. This will happen every couple
of weeks (usually on a weekend too) where no one is able to log in. And the
syslog is filing up with errors like:

Sep 25 11:29:07 yvr pptpd[27376]: CTRL: EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet
length.
Sep 25 11:29:07 yvr pptpd[27376]: CTRL: couldn't read packet header (exit)
Sep 25 11:29:07 yvr pptpd[27376]: CTRL: Unexpected control message 0 in
disconnect sequence

To stop this I kill the pid and stop/start the service.

What is happening. Is it one of my users that is causing this (staying on
too long etc.)?

This is beginning to really erk me and I would appriciate any suggestions /
comments.

Thanks in advance,
Derek