[pptp-server] Getting Win9x and Win2k both routing...

Lance Lorton lancel at terraserv.mine.nu
Sat Apr 21 12:54:46 CDT 2001

I am having trouble getting both win9x and Win2k to both route once connected.

Win2k is easy if I comment out mppe-40 and leave mppe-128 in the options file, routing works great.
Win9x connects fine with 128bit encryption, but wont talk to anything on the local net.

Win95 clients have had the Dun 1.3 installed and Win9x have the 128bit Dial up networking patch.
Win2k has the 128bit dial up networking patch.

Frustrating because I have a need for both types of clients to connect.  Any ideas on getting both Win9x and Win2k to route with 128bit encryption?

My setup:
PPP 2.4.0 with the smbpw-mppe-stripdom-requiremppe.diff patch
Kernel 2.4.2 with the linux-2.4.0-openssl-0.9.6-mppe.patch
Poptop 1.1.2

My options file:

name terraserv
debug