FW: [pptp-server] Using PoPToP in conjunction with L2TP and a PPP concentrator

Trevor Benson Tbenson at associatedbp.com
Tue Apr 24 14:02:01 CDT 2001

Thanks,
Trevor

-----Original Message-----
From: 	Trevor Benson
Sent:	Tuesday, April 24, 2001 12:01 PM
To:	'Tim Wilfong'
Subject:	RE: [pptp-server] Using PoPToP in conjunction with L2TP and
a PPP concentrator

Tim,

I may be completely wrong on this. But it sounds like your talking about
taking a 'tunnel' and then moving the ppp connection elsewhere.  The tunnel
is being created by the ppp connection, and then pptp tunneled inside it. So
in essence I think you would be adding another ppp, not rerouting it.  Since
ppp is required for the tunnel to initiate, I don't think you could just
reroute to a concentrator, since the tunnel you are referring to has to be
created prior to routing on internal LAN.
Like I said, I might have misread your question, or not have the full grasp
of PoPToP, but I think that's accurate for what your asking.

Thanks,
Trevor