[pptp-server] Proxy arp on multiple interfaces

Trevor Benson Tbenson at associatedbp.com
Sat Apr 28 15:59:25 CDT 2001

Just an idea for testing setup in the pptpd.conf file the IP ranges like so.

locaip 10.0.1.x-x,10.0.2.x-x,10.0.3.x-x
remoteip 10.0.1.x-x,10.0.2.x-x,10.0.3.x-x

Then in the /etc/ppp/chap-secrets or whichever file you use to configure the
users, specify a static address for each client in the 10.0.1 2 or 3 network
and a IP address instead of dynamic assignment.  See if proxy arp is smart
enough to translate the clients into the proper subnet without recoding.
Keep me up to date if this works or not, I have a few things like this that
I will need to do as well.

Thanks,
Trevor