[pptp-server] Logon script / VPN

Charlie Brady charlieb at e-smith.com
Fri Aug 3 16:00:10 CDT 2001

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Bruce S. Garlock wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have successfully setup a VPN server on a Linux box, that also acts as
> a PDC.  Users that are on the local network, logon, and their login
> scripts execute without trouble.  I am having trouble with these same
> users who use Win95 (with DUN 1.3, and the VPN update applied) and logon
> to this machine.  Everything works fine, browsing Net Neighborhood, and
> any other TCP/IP acts fine on the network.  The problem is that their
> logon scripts do not execute when they logon, so I have put an icon on
> their desktops, that they click to get their drive mappings.  I would
> like it to happen automatically.

The clients need to be configured to do domain logins, the server needs to
be configured to be a login server (but you say it is configured as a
PDC), and there needs to be a share called netlogon which contains
netlogon.bat. At least, AFAIUI that's the way things need to be.

  Charlie Brady                         charlieb at e-smith.com
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)
  Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739
  e-smith, inc. 1500-150 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1 Canada