[pptp-server] Problem Facing while establishing vpn with the help of pptp-client

Muhammad Aqeel wahlahg17 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 03:12:15 CDT 2001

Sir ,

My teacher has given me an assignment to establish vpn
through pptp.in b/w two linux machines

So i installed Poptop server on one machine
and pptp linux client on the other machine.

But during installation procedure whenver i tried to
install the pptp client i got this error.

"LOOKING FOR MODULES
ERROR: Required module misc/mppe.o not found."

And during the setup procedure of pptp client whenever
i tried to add a tunnel i get the following error

"Insecure depebndecny in open while running with -T
switch at /usr/lib/pptp-command Line 181 <STDIN>
Line9."

What does it mean. I am using RED HAT LINUX 7.0 on the
machines

If this point gets solved i think i would be able to
make a vpn.

And if any one thinks that some more informatino is
neede hten please tell me .I will Submit my network
daigrma too. But Please help me in solving the problem
as i have to submit the assignmnet as soon as
possible.

Thanks in advance