[pptp-server] error on login in

Andy Worthington andy at rockcity.com
Mon Aug 6 12:10:56 CDT 2001

I have a pptpd server I know works that I am trying to connect a new win98
client to.  The error I am getting is:

Jul 31 11:44:07 fw pppd[11739]: No CHAP secret found for authenticating
rockcity_la\\bob
Jul 31 11:44:07 fw pppd[11739]: MSCHAP-v2 peer authentication failed for
remote host rockcity_la\\bob

The entries in the chap-secrets file are for Irish\\bob which is why I am
getting the error.  The new client has its workgroup set to Irish in the
identification tab of the network properties.  Anyone know of another place
on the client where I need to set the workgroup to Irish that it might
currently be set to rockcity_la.

Thanks