[pptp-server] ppp configuration

Jamin Collins JaminC at adapt-tele.com
Mon Aug 6 07:21:50 CDT 2001

Please refrain from posting HTML to mailing lists.

Daniele Cusumano [mailto:cusumano at acmesolutions.it]
> I've recently configured PoPToP on my RedHat 6.2 which also acts as
> a firewall and internet point (ISDN connection)
>
> When I connect from my laptop (windows 2000) I notice that my
> internet connection goes down to let the new VPN connection flow.
>
> Is there something wrong with my configuration?

Most likely you have your VPN connection configured to use the Default
Gateway on the remote network.  This overrides your ISP default gateway
setting once a connection to your PoPToP server is made.

> True that I have evrething on one machine..I mean that on my
> RedHat 6.2 server I have a firewall running, an ISDN connection
> that is used to connect al windows 2000 clients and now also
> PoPToP..shoud these config. be changed?

Nope, it appears to be just a client configuration problem at the moment.

> I can't have my internet connection going in parallel with a VPN
> connection?

Yep, unless you need the default gateway setting.

Jamin W. Collins