[pptp-server] Multiple masqueraded clients

Tom Owen taro at nub.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 06:04:58 CDT 2001

Can poptop support multiple connections from a single IP? I
know it's OK most of the timew but I have a problem when
connections close.

I have a known good poptop server that has supported up to
three simultaneous remote users from different sites.

One of my sites dial up through a masquerading router
(Eicon 1830) and a single user UUNET account. There are
several W98 PCs on the LAN behind that router.

All is well when a single PC uses its VPN connection. It is
also fine for a second user. But when either user closes
the connection, both connections drop.

I haven't tried connecting to any alternative PPTP
implementation. It's possible that theres a problem with
the router re-writing addresses on GRE frames. But it seems
to me that the likely explanation is that poptop 1.1.2
can't support multiple connections from one IP address. Is
this true, and can anything be done about it?
NUB Support Ltd -- Helpdesk: helpdesk at nub.co.uk 020 7553 9029
Voice: 020 7553 9020 Fax: 020 7553 9021
http://www.nub.co.uk   17 Dufferin Street, London, EC1Y 8PE
"It's like having your own IT department!"