[pptp-server] can't connect anymore

troy hakala troy at recipezaar.com
Fri Aug 17 12:48:25 CDT 2001

I had an @Home account and VPN worked great with PoPToP. We just moved
and got a new @Home account but VPN no longer works. When a client
attempts to connect via 'telnet IPaddress 1723' they get "Connection
refused" and the pptpd.log never shows a connection attempt.

I'm pretty sure my firewall is not the issue because I can turn it off
completely and it does the same thing. My guess is that @Home is
blocking VPN at my new location, although they repeatedly claim they do
not block VPN (I know, the reports of comcast at home blocking VPN are
rampant, but i'm not on comcast).

What can I try to figure out what the problem is? pptpd --debug doesn't
give any info since no connection is attempted.

Help!