[pptp-server] Bypassing the firewall

Sexy Boy Sexy-Boy at NetCourrier.Com
Mon Aug 20 17:39:32 CDT 2001

Don't worry, i am very concerned with my company security and i would not do
anything which could compromised its security. The external we're talking
about is my linux box at home. In that case, security is only compromised if
and only if the potential hackers took control of my linux box AND are
waiting for me to dial in through the VPN AND that IP routing is enabled on
my NT workstation at work. The last condition is not met and i hope the
first condition would never be !

Now the story of the firewall :-) :
Two month ago, my company don't use emails (weird !), so they decide to use
an external company for the email (server, connection to internet, etc ...).
So we use a dedicated line between them and us. This line is primaly used
for emails, but in the way they have configure their firewall, we can use
basic ports like : 80,443 (probably for webmail), 21 (FTP), 110 (POP) and 25
SMTP.

=> This firewall configuration is the same for all their clients, so that
why we don't ask them to change anything in their firewall (i hate my
customer asking me special treats, so i don't want to bother them with my
request). That's why i am trying to find another solutions. Hope someone
could help me !

Thanks and bye,
Francois.