[pptp-server] Simple question on MPPE

Hui Chun Kit ckhui at school.net.hk
Thu Aug 23 14:10:16 CDT 2001

Dear,

	Just simple question on MPPE. I've been using
a patched PopTop server to authenicate users with a
samba passwd file and mppe enabled which is working fine.
	However, I want to ask if it is possible to use
radius or ldap instead if I still want to use mppe? What
should I do? I knew that (from some mails months ago) mppe
will not work with PAM because of some reasons that the
NT password hash must be known to the poptop server? is
this still true? if so, what can I do if I want to use
radius or ldap to store all the user information? what
patches should I apply?
	Please advise. Thanks x 10000000

--
Best Rgds,