[pptp-server] Win2k VPN

Chris Kalos ckalos at gothambroadband.com
Fri Aug 24 10:17:44 CDT 2001

I've moved away from the Cisco with limited success.

Using a Win2k Pro system running an ISDN link, I can access the VPN and use
Internet Connection Sharing to let the local LAN I've created access this VPN
as well.  However, while the other machines use this system (192.168.0.1) as
the default gateway, this system will not route traffic to anything that isn't
going over the VPN interface.  As a result, I cannot access external resources
from the clients on the network.

For this to work satisfactorily, I need to be able to connect to resources
outside of the VPN as well as inside.  I'll assume that this is a limitation of
the Win2k NAT implementation.  Are they any ways to get around this?

Thanks
CK