[pptp-server] Win2k VPN

Kevin Parent kparent at csd.mine.nu
Sun Aug 26 10:37:43 CDT 2001

Do you have IP forwarding enabled?

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: pptp-server-admin at lists.schulte.org
[mailto:pptp-server-admin at lists.schulte.org]On Behalf Of Chris Kalos
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 10:18 AM
To: pptp-server at lists.schulte.org
Subject: [pptp-server] Win2k VPN

I've moved away from the Cisco with limited success.

Using a Win2k Pro system running an ISDN link, I can access the VPN and use
Internet Connection Sharing to let the local LAN I've created access this
VPN
as well.  However, while the other machines use this system (192.168.0.1) as
the default gateway, this system will not route traffic to anything that
isn't
going over the VPN interface.  As a result, I cannot access external
resources
from the clients on the network.

For this to work satisfactorily, I need to be able to connect to resources
outside of the VPN as well as inside.  I'll assume that this is a limitation
of
the Win2k NAT implementation.  Are they any ways to get around this?

Thanks
CK

pptp-server maillist  -  pptp-server at lists.schulte.org