[pptp-server] Off topic a bit..

George Vieira GeorgeV at citadelcomputer.com.au
Wed Aug 29 00:00:20 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I have a client who is currently running Altavista Tunnelling software which
I think are now no longer. It uses 56Bit Key encryption and keeps changing.

We've been asked about replacing this system for another product.

They are running NT (I preffered Linux 2.4) and I was thinking between PPTP
and IPSec.

I know PPTP requires 128Bit encription patches for DUN ( Not sure about W9x
) and IPSec I think handles Keys.
If they do go for PPTP, how do you enable it on NT server (This part if
definitely off topic)...
Or even W2000 server, I think it's got IPSEC built in doesn't it??? I'm
lost.

any help would be greatly appreciated..

thanks,
George Vieira