[pptp-server] a Cosmetic problem

Joe Polcari Joe at Polcari.com
Wed Dec 5 00:43:13 CST 2001

Matt,

With or without proxy doesn't matter.
I'm sure my problem is in the options files.
First let me give you what I sent before so can see the setup
and I'll add my option files.

corporate remote net=192.168.0/24
vpn remote IP=192.168.2.3 (wierd, huh?)
vpn local ip=192.168.0.xxx
nat to my local home net on 192.168.1.xxx
all this happens on my dual if local machine 192.168.1.4 (eth0)
which gateways the my local 192.168.1/24 home net to the pptp vpn
and to the internet through a second if 192.168.2.100 (eth1) connected through
router/cable modem.

normal default static route is to the 192.168.2.100 which gets replaced with
192.168.2.3 during pptp connection.

Everything works fine except this:
when I browse (http) through the vpn it works fine unless the ip is in the
192.168.0 net.
In this case I can get and "/" url, but if I try anything else other than /,
the
connection times out.
i.e. http://192.168.0.10 works ok and http://192.168.0.10/ works ok, but
http://192.168.0.10/anything doesn't. Using hostnames I get the same results.
All hostnames, local and remote, resolve on my local home net.

I am using pptp-command start to bring up the tunnel.

====================================
#/etc/pppd.conf
persist
noauth
lock
debug
multi-link
proxyarp
mppe-128
mppe-40
mppe-stateless
lcp-echo-failure 1000
lcp-echo-interval 1000
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote
defaultroute
-am
kdebug 7
ktune
bsdcomp 15
deflate 15
ms-wins 192.168.0.xxx
=====================================
#/etc/ppp/ppp.options (this is a link to /etc/ppp/options)
noccp
persist
noauth
lock