[pptp-server] IP Chains and RH7.2

Tommy Orndorff torndorff at orndorff.com
Wed Dec 5 00:08:33 CST 2001

	I was wondering several things.  Can I have my poptop server behind a NAT
firewall/router with clients on the outside of the router?  I read that the
ip headers have some set bits in them and the NAT router may mangle them; is
it possible to use this setup?

	Also, I cant find any detailed help about setting up ipchains rules for
input/ouput.  I did find a November post about them but I still dont know
what I need to add to the /etc/services file, etc.

	Any help would be appreciated.  I believe I have pptpd and pppd running
correctly; Win9x, WinXP, and Win2k clients have logged in, all encrypted.  I
just cant transfer between the two (on the same local network) so I'm
assuming its the ipchains rules.

Thanks,
Tommy