[pptp-server] IP Chains and RH7.2

Steve Jorgensen jorgens at coho.net
Wed Dec 5 00:19:33 CST 2001

I have used PPTP servers behind several types of NAT firewall, and it has
always worked to simply forward the ports.  I've never had trouble with
this.

On Tuesday, December 04, 2001 10:09 PM, Tommy Orndorff
[SMTP:torndorff at orndorff.com] wrote:
> 	I was wondering several things.  Can I have my poptop server behind a
NAT
firewall/router with clients on the outside of the router?  I read that the
ip headers have some set bits in them and the NAT router may mangle them;
is
it possible to use this setup?

	Also, I cant find any detailed help about setting up ipchains rules for
input/ouput.  I did find a November post about them but I still dont know
what I need to add to the /etc/services file, etc.

	Any help would be appreciated.  I believe I have pptpd and pppd running
correctly; Win9x, WinXP, and Win2k clients have logged in, all encrypted.
just cant transfer between the two (on the same local network) so I'm
assuming its the ipchains rules.

Thanks,
Tommy
pptp-server maillist  -  pptp-server at lists.schulte.org