[pptp-server] Attempts to get PPTPD and PPP working with CHAP

Jeremy Higgs jhiggs at iprsystems.com
Mon Dec 10 02:44:09 CST 2001

On 10/12/01 9:10 AM, "George Vieira" <GeorgeV at citadelcomputer.com.au> wrote:

> Your pptpd.conf has 0 free IPs to allow extra connections..
>
> check your pptpd.conf file or email it to us..
>

> thanks,
> George Vieira
> Systems Manager
> Citadel Computer Systems P/L

I assume that's the 'localip' and 'remoteip' options in the conf file?

I haven't edited the pptp.conf file, but I have two subnets that I am able
to use Ips from... Both connected to the linux box. I assume that when a
user connects to the pptp server, it effectively gains one of the Ips
specified?

If so... What do I need to put in localip and remoteip? The man page wasn't
too clear on exactly what the difference was between them.

Thanks!