[pptp-server] Re: no route to host problem

Dick Visser dick at tienhuis.nl
Mon Dec 10 15:48:53 CST 2001

Hi

I found what was wrong with my setup.
In the /etc/pptpd.conf file, I put a statement like this:

option /etc/ppp/options.pptpd

It seems that this file is parsed OK, but that the default options for
pppd (usually /etc/ppp/options) is also parsed. In this file was the
option "noipdefault". I commented that out and it worked.

There is a posting in comp.protocols.ppp stating this. As far as I can
see, this is a bug in the software; pptpd should parse *only* the
given configfile, and not append it to the existing default.
I know this is done with the pppd "call" statement, and currently it seems
to use the "file" statement.
Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Here's the link:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=pptpd+options&hl=en&rnum=4&selm=3A5341EF.94D4E62A%40free.fr.NOSPAM.invalid

Regards,

--

  *    ***                   Dick Visser
 **   *   *              TIENHUIS Networking
  *   *   *    Email:         d.n.m.visser at tienhuis.nl
 ***   ***     PGP-key: http://www.tienhuis.nl/pgp.key