[pptp-server] Re: no route to host problem

George Vieira GeorgeV at citadelcomputer.com.au
Mon Dec 10 16:01:20 CST 2001

Yes, This is a lesson for all of us..

I found this out too a long time ago and my lesson is to NEVER put anything
in /etc/ppp/options file and to specify everything required into it's own
options file eg.

/etc/ppp/options.dialinuser
/etc/ppp/options.pptpd
/etc/ppp/options.dialout
/etc/ppp/options.anotherspecialsetup

this way every pppd called must specify which option file is needed and
since it reads /etc/ppp/options, there's nothing in it and so it does
nothing for it.

I've found that the /etc/ppp/options is like a global file and is always
read if it exists... pppd man page specifies the order of overiding and
command line is first priority..

thanks,
George Vieira
Systems Manager