[pptp-server] Severe performance problems

Gianluca Insolvibile g.insolvibile at cpr.it
Thu Dec 13 09:45:13 CST 2001

I posted that kind of data since I think it's not unlikely that different
versions/patches of kernel and pppd behave slightly differently (e.g.
out-of-sequence packet reordering, stateless MPPE, and so on). Hence,
performance may actually be affected by their version.

On the other side, my config files contain no parameters related to data-plane
handling of packets (except for 'speed', which I did not use anyway) and are
mostly related to authentication mechanisms, encryption, etc.

Gianluca