[pptp-server] Severe performance problems

George Vieira GeorgeV at citadelcomputer.com.au
Wed Dec 12 15:22:27 CST 2001

I'm just saying that the speed problems people are experiencing isn't to do
with the multiple passes through the kernel to encrypt/decrypt the
information. Alot of people here are using PIII 800Mhz and up and I'm sure
it would suffice the 500Kb/s people are at least expecting from their large
link...

I'm only running a Celeron 400Mhz and 128MB ram and it's handling fine
without encryption. (Haven't been able to compile MPPE yet, damn Kernel
Panics....)...

thanks,
George Vieira
Systems Manager