[pptp-server] Is it possible to allow all linux users with pa ssword to access PoPToP vpn with out adding chap-secret?

George Vieira GeorgeV at citadelcomputer.com.au
Sun Dec 16 14:38:40 CST 2001

WHy not use the SMB authentication and use Samba's example to convert the
/etc/passwd file to /etc/smbpasswd. Something like

mksmbpasswd /etc/passwd > /etc/smbpasswd

totally forgot the command but I think it was something like that..

Then use the buggy libsmb file to authenticate them...

Problem is that buggy * &/etc/smbpasswd * "Guest" bug.. so patch it/fix it
before doing it.

thanks,
George Vieira
Systems Manager