[pptp-server] How to set iptables to doesn't masquerade the VPN traffic?

Mikael Lönnroth mikael.lonnroth at advancevpn.com
Thu Dec 20 01:15:41 CST 2001

I think the problem arises then you have

- a private network
- a VPN server inside that network, and
-  PPTP clients that are mapped to a third private address space inside the VPN server

Let's say the private network is 10.0.0.0/24 and the PPTP clients get addresses from a network 10.1.0.0/24.

The VPN server knows how to route packets from 10.1.0.10 (assigned to one VPN client) to 10.0.0.4 (some internal server), but the internal server (10.0.0.4) does not know how to route packets to 10.1.0.10, instead it routes them to the default gateway...

Regards,
Mikael Lönnroth
AdvanceVPN Oy
www.advancevpn.com