[pptp-server] RE: proxyarp and network neighbour hood

Murali K. Vemuri muralivemuri at multitech.co.in
Wed Dec 26 09:54:18 CST 2001

problem 1 :
yes......you are right !  eth1 is used to connect to ISP.

problem 2 :
well the /etc/ppp/options and /etc/pptpd.conf are from two different machines.
win98 will make a ppp connection to a server1 and from there gets the address
10.x.x.x
then he will connect to another server2, which is the pptp server.
he will assign a 192.168.x.x address .
basically , the server1 has two ethernet interfaces, eth0 and eth1.
our network does not have any  WINS server.
all win clients go for broadcasting only........:-(
so, my setup typically looks like this:

                 (serial line)     dial up     (eth0)           Intra net
win98 ---------> server --------> Server-----------> LAN

                                                    ----------> Internet

"Cowles, Steve" wrote:

> [...]

regards & thanks for your time,