[pptp-server] RE: proxyarp and network neighbour hood

Cowles, Steve Steve at SteveCowles.com
Wed Dec 26 08:43:38 CST 2001

Exactly what is eth1 used for? Another private LAN -or- is this a connection
to your ISP? Maybe a diagram or a better description of your network might
help all of us understand your goal here.

> second, my windows 98 client is not able to show up any
> body on the otherside lan in its network neighbour hood.
> of course! i am not running samba on my pptp server.
> attached are the configuration files . any ideas?

First, why are you assigning a 10.x.x.x remote/local ip address in your
options file when you are assigning a 192.168.x.x local/remote in your
pptp.conf file?

Second, have you configured your win98 PPTP client to properly register its
domain/workgroup association with a WINS server on your local LAN? I did not
see a "ms-wins" directive in your options file. In fact, are you running a
WINS server on your local LAN? Also, are all windows clients on your local
LAN configured to register with a WINS server instead of broadcasting there
domain/workgroup affiliation?

Steve Cowles