[pptp-server] Samba on another machine?

James Orr james at lrgmail.com
Fri Feb 2 06:58:58 CST 2001

Hi,

I installed PopTop and everything went fine.  I can connect from my
Windows Me machine at home, ping the private network, connect to a
webserver on the private network fine.  So far so good.

The machine that runs PopTop also does IP Masq'ing for the private
network, i'd like to keep that machine doing ONLY those two things, and
have no business related files on that computer, however I also need to
connect to samba shares running on a computer on the private network.  I
read that you can connect to samba shares running on the same computer as
PopTop OK, but nothing about when samba is running on another computer.
Is this possible?  I don't particularly care about browsing the network,
just connecting to the shares.

On another note, what would be the easiest way to change the windows
routing after connecting so that internet traffic does not go through the
tunnel?  Is there a way this could be done automatically after connecting?

TIA,
- James