[pptp-server] Samba on another machine?

George Vieira GeorgeV at citadelcomputer.com.au
Sat Feb 3 18:51:47 CST 2001

Yes you can, you must remember these things.

1: Have "proxyarp" in your options file so the internal network knows how to
get back to you because the PPTPD server will respond to your PPTP IP
requests..
2: You must map via either \\IP\share or \\NAME\share depending you have
WINS or hosts file entered into your machine.

Test first that you can actually ping the samba machine, if that works OK
then try doing a "net view \\IP".
If this returns a list of shares then your IN!.

thanks,
George Vieira