[pptp-server] Network Neighborhood problems

Robert Dege rcd at amherst.com
Mon Feb 5 11:43:40 CST 2001

Hi.
I've been rattling my brain on this for several days now, and have yet
to find the problem.  I have a Win98 client that makes a PPTP
connection.  From there, I am able to ping, telnet & load web pages.

When I double click on Network Neighborhood, I see the PPTP server (I
have the workgroups setup the same).  When I double click on Entire
Network, I can see all the workgroups on the network.  However, when I
try to doubleclick on ANY of the workgroups, I get an error saying that
the workgroup is inaccessible.  If I try to do a Start -> Find ->
Computer on a LAN Win machine, it says that it can't find that machine.

I can see these machines through the PPTP server & access their drives.
I also have the PPTP server running a WINS server through Samba.

Anybody have any ideas or thoughts???

here is my smb.conf & options.pptp files:

smb.conf
========

[global]
        workgroup = PPTP_Group