[pptp-server] ppp_mppe doesn't support PFC

Santtu Hyrkkö santtu.hyrkko at hut.fi
Tue Feb 13 08:21:48 CST 2001

Matthias Suencksen <ms at marcant.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> looks like a interesting patch as other compressor (e.g. deflate)
> seem to handle pfc already. What client did you use (or what options
> did you enable) - windows98 at least doesn't do pfc even if negotiated
> during lcp.

The client I'm using is "pptp-linux 1.0.2" on Debian Linux. The server
is (if I remember correctly) some BSD box. I don't know what sofware
it's running.

I tried almost all possible combinations of 'nopcomp', 'nodeflate',
'novj' etc. but had no luck: the server always used pfc inside the
mppe encoded frames. (or so it seems, it might also be an off by one
bug somewhere in pptp client's ppp-gre conversion).

With the patch I posted here I've had no problems whatsoever. My
current /etc/ppp/options has only 'nopcomp' besides the obvious ones,
but I think it works even without it.

--
Santtu Hyrkkö