[pptp-server] Samba on another machine?

James Orr james at lrgmail.com
Mon Feb 5 22:46:58 CST 2001

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.  When I try net view \\10.0.0.1, or net view
\\server (which is an entry in my hosts file to 10.0.0.1) I get the
following message :

Error 31: A device attached to the system is not functioning.  For more
information, type NET HELP 31 at the command prompt.

I can ping 10.0.0.1 fine, and I do have proxyarp in my options file.  Of
course I can mount the drives OK on windows machines in the actual office.
The samba server is not currently setup as a WINS server, as I don't really
need to be able to browse the network, but would it help in this situation
if it was?

- James