[pptp-server] poptop and NT domain controller authentication

Cowles, Steve Steve at SteveCowles.com
Tue Feb 6 11:33:04 CST 2001

Brian,

I have actually deployed NDS (successfully) into existing Novell/NT 4.0
environments in the past. Unfortunately, these deployments did not include
integration with UNIX/Linux based systems. So I cannot answer your question
directly. Based on what I read at the above web site, this looks like it
might be a viable solution that meets with your requirements.

On a separate but related subject: This is my opinion... but Windows 2000
new authentication scheme (active directory) looks like a knock off of
Novells NDS trees. Why was I not surprised?

Anyway, if you do decide to implement NDS, I would be interested in your
results. Especially with any linux related integration issues.

Steve Cowles